Sometimes lovemaking just happens spontaneously, with no preparation. But more often than not, especially when you’ve been in a relationship for awhile, it takes a bit of nurturing. After all, real relationships take work, and lovemaking is part of that work.
Looking to jumpstart your love life? Want to help your significant other get in the mood for love? In the following blog post, I’ll discuss what I’ve learned through my own experiences…some tips on what you can do to set the tone for an evening of ecstasy.
Use Warm Colors (and Lighting) in the Bedroom
Ever heard that the color red ignites passion? Well, it’s true. In fact, all colors can produce some sort of emotional response. The question is…are the colors in your bedroom producing the right emotions?
Look, I’m not saying you need to go out and paint your bedroom red. In fact, I’m thinking that’s probably a bit overboard. There are plenty of earthy tones that can help ignite passion:
- Orange – Boosts self esteem, which can help your partner be more confident.
- Brown – Creates a feeling of comfort, although men typically like this more than women (go easy on it)
- Pink – Helps your partner feel safe and loved.
- Yellow – The color of energy…which you’ll both need.
Maybe go more neutral with a wall color, but use something more intense (reds, pinks, oranges) as accents in your décor. Now, if you’re a bachelor, you may want to watch out and not go overboard, unless you want your room to turn out more feminine.
Invest in a Vaporizer
Vaporizers can be used for all sorts of things. For example, the Pax Vaporizer by Ploom can be used to help ward off sickness and ease the affects of the common cold. You can even use vaporizers to infuse drinks with delicious flavors. That being said, it’s probably not much of a stretch to say that you can use your vaporizer to get the mood right.
The fact that vaporizers can be used for aromatherapy make them ideal for emitting aphrodisiacs. All you need to do is make sure you choose the right scents, heat it up, and watch your partner ease into the mood. And if you’re on the road, not a problem. A portable vaporizer like the Pax Vaporizer can help you connect to that sexual section of the brain through the nose.
Now, you may be skeptical, and that’s understandable. However, studies have shown that certain scents can stimulate portions of the brain. It may be due to the fact that we so strongly connect aromas to memories.
What aromas will work best in your vaporizer? Try any of the following:
Often times, lovemaking occurs in the evening, after a date of some sort. And as we know, dates (and evenings) often follow dinner. That being said, if you’re wanting love to be in the air, it’s important that you plan out the dinner accordingly. A few things to consider:
- Certain foods can act as aphrodisiacs. Science is spoken and it’s true. Certain foods are more likely to get you in the mood than others. For example, chocolate and strawberries can light a fire in the libido. Even garlic, as stinky as it might be, can increase blood flow due to a chemical called allicin.
- Don’t eat heavy. Nothing will kill the mood like a giant, heavy dinner. Let’s face it, lovemaking requires energy. The last thing you are is energetic when you are so full you’re about to burst. And even if you make it into the bedroom without passing out, a greasy dinner can set your stomach on fire—in a bad way, of course.
- Imbibe, but not overboard. Nothing says sex like a good glass of wine (or two). However, drink too much, and there won’t be anything going on but snoring. Not to mention the fact that too much alcohol can inhibit performance in males.
In other words, you need to use moderation to get to where you want to go.
Turn Off the TV (and Move It Out)
It’s not uncommon for couples to put a TV in the bedroom. After all, watching your favorite show is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. However, if you’re looking to make love, the TV needs to go. Here’s why.
- The TV is a distraction. Whether before, during, or after sex, you want both of your attentions to be completely focused on one another. That way you can make the best connection, which is ideal for love making. Eliminate distractions.
- It sets a routine. Once the TV has been in your bedroom for awhile, you’re going to get in the routine of ending the day with it. This cuts down on conversations between the two of you. The lack of interaction will inevitably lead to less love making.
Have you found a sure fire way to set the tone for a night of love? Tell us about it!
Billy Smitherman is a 1st year college student that is currently studying for his Bachelor of Arts degree. When he is not writiing about fine art or holistic healing he enjoys meditation, yoga and aromatherapy.
Image Credit: 1.